Your vehicle may be eligible for the VVRP if all of the following criteria are met:
• You are the registered owner of the vehicle with the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division (MVD)
and the vehicle is not registered to a P.O. Box. You can change vehicle registration address online
Visit the MVD Website
• The vehicle has a gasoline or light-duty diesel engine
• The vehicle is required to take an emissions inspection test and fails the emissions inspection portion of the test.
• Emissions test failure cannot be more than 90 days prior to your vehicle registration expiration date.
• The vehicle is titled in Arizona and has been registered during the immediately preceding 12 months, and the vehicle registration has not been expired for more than 60 days.
• The vehicle owner applies to the program no more than 60 days after failing their required emissions test.
• The emissions control system has not been altered or tampered with.
• The vehicle owner has not already participated in the program with another vehicle.
• The vehicle is not a motor home, motorcycle, salvage vehicle or fleet vehicle.
• The vehicle must be taken to an approved repair facility no more than 60 days from the date of enrollment.
View List of Approved Repair Facilities
• To participate, vehicle owners must pay the first $100 as a co-payment to an approved repair facility.
• The State of Arizona then pays up to $900 in emissions-related repairs. Repairs costing in excess of the $1,000 total would be paid by the vehicle owner, otherwise the vehicle is not eligible.
• The vehicle must be inspected and retested at any emissions inspection station within seven (7) days of being repaired.
• Opting Out
If the repair facility provides its diagnosis and you decide not to proceed with repairs,
you will be charged a $75 fee for diagnostic services to the repair facility.
Your vehicle will no longer be eligible for the Program until the next time you need to register your car in Arizona.
Under penalty of perjury, I, the owner of the vehicle, do solemnly swear that the information provided in this application for the Voluntary Vehicle Repair Program is true.
Learn More | Visit AZDEQ.GOV/CarHelp or Call 877-692-9227